Friday, July 20, 2007

Finally!

The moment I have been waiting for has finally come....a milestone 6 1/2 years in the making! This ranks right up there with college graduation, getting married, and other significant life accomplishments. I have been changing diapers for the last 2,372 days....and I happily report that I have changed my last one!!!! My third child is officially potty trained. :)

I am trying to think of a special way to celebrate and what to do with the remaining few diapers. I have considered making some sort of diaper monument and charging admission to see it (this might offset the considerable expenses I have incurred during the last 6 1/2 years of buying diapers). And other idea was some sort of "Done with Diapers" party.... but, yikes, what to serve?! Well, for now I will just revel in the moment of my great accomplishment.

5 comments:

therambler said...

i would totally come to done with diapers party! you could serve us chocolate pudding in those leftover diapers that you have. haha! ok, that's gross. don't actually do that. anyhoo, congratulations. can you feel the freedom?

Ray said...

Hey, I like your "Blog". This is truly a renowned and historical day in your family. Congratulations
to you and your youngest!

Marlene Depler said...

Yippee! Potty training does seem to be a major milestone. I say celebrate anything and everything!

JenniferLayne said...

You can send us your leftover diapers. We're still buying them!! HA!

Jennifer W.
www.jenniferlaynescorner.spaces.live.com

LeAnne said...

Dang, Joce stole my idea...

You could always keep the diapers for the next time you lay an egg...

Or keep them for when you have a water leak... paper towels in the Balkans usually just don't cut it.

Or you could mimick those commercials where they super saturate the diapers and then cut them open and inspect the get inside... I always found that to be rather cool...