Saturday, November 3, 2007

I Woke Up with the "Grumpies"...

Truth be known, I have a serious case of the "grumpies". I woke up this morning TOO early with Jake saying, "I haf-ta pee Mommie!" at which point I also realized that we STILL HAVE NO WATER. It has been two days already and will probably not come on for a while yet. Everything feels dirty....laundry and dishes piling up. And I really want to wash my hair! I usually wash it every other day....of course the water went off on the "really need to wash day". Since I'm already complaining, can I just say that I used my last bit of starbucks coffee this morning, our wood still hasn't come, it is raining AGAIN, and I'm really missing my family and friends who are far away! This level of grumpiness calls for serious counter-measures....blessing counting.

I'm blessed by....healthy children who constantly entertain and amuse me; a spouse who loves me; a fairly warm house and blankets; food on the shelf; electricity; people who love and pray for us; internet that is working; a great team; a blue passport that gifts me more freedom than most; laughter in our home; and one last cup of starbucks....

Phew!!! It worked; the "grumpies" are gone.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Why don't you have water? That sucks... You can always come visit me... :)

Marlene Depler said...

No water! Yikes! We don't realize how many times a day we use water until we don't have it. Definitely hard to keep kids clean and a household running without it.

And no more Starbucks! Guess we will have to send some in your little Chrismas box. Dad just bought an espresso machine. We tried it out yesterday. It works great. We make Americanos. Wish you could come have one with us. Make sure you bring Jason and the kiddos.