Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day of School

..."the Three" in front of our house. They were ready with back packs on an HOUR before we needed to leave. The littlest still wasn't sure why he wasn't going to school.
The Big guy wanted to show everyone his new shoes that light up. Thanks Nana and Papa.
Pink and Poka-dots are a perfect way to start Kindergarten. Meanwhile, a mom feels so many different things on this literal first day of school ever...excitement, nervousness, a little sadness, but most of all the unfamiliarity of that first step in a long journey of letting go. Start growing those wings my sweet children.

2 comments:

Marlene Depler said...

I have been there, and I'm with you in heart. The long journey of letting go of our precious gifts.

grammy said...

They are so cute. I remember when the oldest of the three...came to my house. Not walking yet, and missing his mom, who he had been with all summer. He settled right in to be my little buddie. Then #2 came for awhile to my house full of boys. I loved having your kids.