Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Birthday Reflections

Even moms have birthdays! In fact, I had one today. In all it was a good day. I spent the morning with a special group of women with whom I can laugh, cry, and drink coffee! I had Birthday wishes through virtually every medium (sms, phone, email, card, letter, skype, and in person!) My husband bought me a "painting kit" so I can start being creative again...very sweet.

The best part of the day was seeing it through the eyes of my children. Jacob (almost 3) saw my present and said, "It our bir-day...where my hes-ent?" He proceeded to help me open mine. My almost 5 year old daughter informed me that I "should really wear a dress or something prettier" since it is my special day. Fashion tips from a 4 year old...who knew? And lastly Brent, my oldest, made me a special card. As I was congratulating myself that he spelled "Happy Birthday" correctly, he pointed my attention to the picture. He said, "This is you on a tree swing, mommy. I made the swing extra big for your big bottom!" I had to laugh at his thoughtfulness!

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Sorry I missed your birthday - sounds like it was a great day!

Brian and Marie Jobe said...

Paula,
Thanks for the yummy cookies and precious card!! Wish I could have found out who was going before they left. I was out of town when they posted it online and via e-mail. Glad you were able to meet Katie, Alan and the rest of the group. Love you and miss you oodles, Marie

Anonymous said...

kids say the darndest things :)